At the first sign of gastric distress, this is what we have done:
1. Phoned our vet.
2. Mixed about 1/4 to 1/2 cup bioequine with about 8 to 12 ounces of water.
3. We must get this mixture down our horses throat without aspiration into the lungs.
4. We use a large syringe (about 100 ml) with the end cut off and dip the mixture into it.
5. The Bioequine is not water soluble so we kept mixing.
6. Got as much of the mush down his throat as possible.
7. It is controversial about walking the horse but we keep ours moving and on its feet.
8. We start seeing a drastic improvement within 15 to 20 minutes, usually before the vet arrives.
9. This will NOT resolve a twisted gut but we have seen it work wonders with simple gas colic and also an impaction.
In July 2012 we used BioEquine to save my 2 year old gelding SG Smart Male who was at a training facility. Unbeknown, he was not drinking their water. Before I was able to tell them what to do, the doctor had given him every pain killer and electrolyte in the clinic. When they finally phoned me and the colt got the emergency BioEquine, he showed improvement in 20 minutes. When he finally passed manure, it was bone dry. He was feeling fine by the next morning. I feel he would be dead without this treatment.